Adding wholesome, values-based children's books to your home library that you don't have to pre-read and vet is only made possible by Big Sky Life Books' strict vetting process.
Little Pilgrim's Big Journey is written for children ages 2 -12.
Based on John Bunyan's The Pilgrim's Progress, an incredible story that has moved the hearts of countless generations of Christians journeying to heaven as pilgrims in this fallen world.
Little Pilgrim's Big Journey: Pilgrim's Progress for Kids is available in a boxed set. The set comes in two parts. Part One follows a little boy named Christian who becomes aware of his burden (sin) and flees the city of destruction. We accompany Christian as he enters the narrow gate to start his journey to the Celestial City (heaven).
Part Two of the boxed set is a story about the siblings Christian left behind in the City of Destruction. The story starts with Christiana, Eli, and Jude dealing with the aftermath of Christian's departure. This book is written from the perspective of Christiana and will be an excellent resource for parents with little girls.
Buy Little Pilgrims Progress
If you don't already own the boxed set, visit Big Sky Life Books and order it now. Free domestic shipping is included.
Big Sky Life Books sells wholesome books for children. All of our book collections have been vetted and are safe and appropriate for Christian families to read.
Little Pilgrim's Progress For Kids Modern Guide
- Learn about the Good Places
- Meet the Good Guys
- Meet 15 Worldly People
- Learn About the Bad Places
- Meet the Bad Guys
- Christian's Armor of God Explained
Modern Guide of 'Good Guy' Places in Little Pilgrim's Progress
The Narrow Gate represents Jesus Christ Himself.
Remember Christian at the narrow gate? Prince Beelzebub who was at the castle was shooting arrows at Christian, trying to stop him from entering the Narrow Gate.
You need to place your faith in Jesus Christ and believe that He is the only one who can offer you eternal salvation from Hell.
Go ahead! Knock on that door and ask Jesus to let you in, so you may be saved from an eternity in Hell. Don't wait! Don't sit on this information and let this moment pass you by.
Repent now. Start your journey.
- Knock and it shall be opened to you. (Matthew 7:7)
- I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. (John 10:9)
- Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. (Matthew 7:13)
- Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. (Luke 13:24)
- For many are called, but few are chosen. (Matthew 22:14)
- I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; (Revelations 3:8)
The Narrow Path represents our journey to the cross, where Jesus died for our sins, and also our journey from the cross to the Celestial City (Heaven). We have to walk on the narrow path and walk with God.
When you follow the Bible's teachings, your life will be very different from that of the world. You shouldn’t be interested in seeking pleasure or wealth, pursuing fame and fortune, or seeking endless new experiences.
You need to spend time in the Bible every day. The Bible points to Jesus, and your eyes should be glued on Jesus and the cross, not your favorite TV show or video game.
I encourage you to walk that narrow path, let the Bible guide your life, and let go of all the things the world says you should be doing.
- Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. (Matthew 7:14)
- For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries. (Corinthians 16:9)
- I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Phillippians 3:14)
House of the Interpreter
The House of the Interpreter is a representation of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will help you understand the Bible and use it as a light to shine into your heart.
When Christian visits the House of the Interpreter, he is shown important things. He meets two boys whose names are Patience and Passion. He sees a room where someone is sweeping dust, and someone else is sprinkling water on the dust. He sees a fire in a wall, someone pouring water on the fire, and someone else pouring oil on the fire. Then, a man in armor storms the gate, and a great fight ensues.
The Holy Spirit is teaching Christian different lessons from the Bible.
Christian takes this all in as the Interpreter shows him these different rooms. This part of the story represents the Holy Spirit teaching Christian important lessons to learn and apply on his journey to the Celestial City. You must understand that you need the Holy Spirit as you journey in this fallen world.
When you read the Bible, you need the Holy Spirit to shine a light on the verses and help you understand them, so you can apply the Bible to your life and obey God. When you spend time reading the Bible, remember to pray for the Holy Spirit to show you its important lessons.
Read the Bible every day and pray that you’ll understand it and that you’ll know what to ask for. The Bible is the sword—use it to cut through the lies and corruption this world hurls at you.
- For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 4:6)
- But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. (John 14:26)
- Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. (Romans 8:26)
Place of Deliverance
The Place of Deliverance represents the cross where Jesus Christ died for our sins as well as His resurrection and ascension to Heaven.
I love talking about the Place of Deliverance. Isn't it amazing that God sent His son Jesus Christ to live on this Earth? When Jesus was crucified on the cross, something amazing happened.
When He died, He made it possible for you and me to be saved from the sin that is in us. You only have to believe in Him and repent of your sins, and you too can have eternal life!
When Christian stood at the cross and believed, his burden (sin) rolled off his back and disappeared. He then received his scroll (salvation), and the Angels marked him. Once you have repented, you can never lose your salvation.
You will continue your walk on the narrow path with the Bible as your guide and the Holy Spirit shining a light so that you may understand and apply the Bible to your life.
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
- That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)
- For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 1:18)
River of the Water of Life
The River of the Water of Life represents God's faithfulness to you as you journey in this life to Heaven. God restores you when you get tired.
You must meditate on Jesus and model your life after Him. God keeps you safe as you journey to the Celestial City (Heaven). Sometimes, life as a believer gets difficult, but God is always ready to help you and give you strength, peace, and joy on your journey.
Always read your Bible. Keep it in your thoughts at all times. Focus on Jesus; live this life for Him. God will never abandon you; He’ll give you strength and joy when you need it.
- The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. (Psalm 23:1-2)
- Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28)
- Therefore with joy you will draw water. From the wells of salvation. (Isaiah 12:3)
The Celestial City represents Heaven, where we get to spend an eternity with the Lord.
This is one of my favorite verses describing Heaven:
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away (Revelation 21:4)
All the hard things you had to do in this life and all the pain and sadness you experienced will be gone when you go to Heaven. Heaven is your reward; you’ll get to spend an eternity singing and celebrating the Lord God Almighty.
Sounds amazing, doesn't it?
However, not everybody will go to Heaven. This is what the Bible says about that:
Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.' (John 14:6)
If you’re reading this, it's not too late for you! Look to Jesus, look to the cross, and find everlasting life.
I hope to see you in Heaven one day.
- In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. (John 14:2-3)
- For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself. (Philippians 3:20-21
- Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, 'Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.' (Revelation 21:1-4)
Parents, I hope you found this modern guide on the 'Good Places' in Little Pilgrim's Progress helpful in preparing your kids for their journey as little Christians.
Purchase Little Pilgrim's Progress Box Set
Little Pilgrims Progress: Part I & II Boxed Set
$48 Includes free domestic shipping
Big Sky Life Books sells wholesome children's books. Little Pilgrim's Progress can be found in our "Teaching Little Children" category.
All of our children's books are vetted and appropriate to be used by the entire family.